There are at least 10 reasons for a CRM review in every business and large or small, you can start to understand why here.
Most sales, marketing, customer service and I.T. departments or businesses as a whole have issues around data and employee management of data that need tackling.
Unfortunately it gets put off, but you are not only wasting time, money, resources and opportunity, you are becoming more vulnerable to cyber attacks.
A good CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system provides a business with a robust platform from which to develop, as a minimum:
- Safe and secure place to store data.
- Data from which you can market and sell to.
- Better understanding of what your data can tell you (customer trends etc).
- Better and justified decision making.
- Use as a tool to increase staff productivity and set / maintain KPIs.
- More efficient processes and work flows.
- Connectivity of software programmes and reduction in outdated, typically duplicated and inaccessible spreadsheets.
In this blog we are going to focus on the Sales Department.
Here are 10 examples of hidden problems & issues that never get tackled in the Sales Dept, affecting CRM, data and opportunity.
- Staff come and go with alarmingly regularity and take vital client knowledge with them as it is not stored in a central CRM database.
- Your customers buying teams regularly change roles or leave their positions, breaking up your customer / client relationship flow and communication channels.
- Sales people go on holiday or off sick with all notes/verbal agreements in personal notebooks, so other people and departments can’t answer questions or complaints promptly or accurately.
- Staff don’t know how to use software as they have not been properly trained or understand the benefits to them. They become disinterested and lazy, leading to communication melt down and general amateurish attitudes that get picked up by colleagues and customers.
- No real time knowledge of sales funnels and prospects leads to guesswork and missed opportunities as there is no place to monitor information.
- Promised call backs missed as no appointment scheduling is in place.
- Your digital communications (email, social media) are not connected, meaning clients are sending the business information but it cannot be accessed by required staff as it is not being consolidated in one place.
- You have off-site workers that create data security issues or use as an excuse not to communicate and forget to update information.
- You think, you know, or you fear staff are stealing your data from easy access of spreadsheets via email, Dropbox sharing, Google Drive access, Smart Phones, USB Pens etc.
- You don’t know which CRM software to use as you can’t place a value on it, budget for it or choose the best one for your business.
If any of the above sound familiar, we can help you tackle the issues and get back on track with a CRM review, suggestions and strategy.